Center of Excellence (CoE) for Advanced Analytics
CDO Group Digital Insights is a division within New Business. The CDO function is responsible for coordinating and aligning group wide efforts to deploy data technologies, process and organizational frameworks to manage data as a strategic asset. These capabilities will be critical to support next generation data driven digital consumer experience platforms (Grow the Bank), while also addressing data driven regulatory demands (Protect the Bank).
Purpose of the role
The head of the Centre of Excellence (CoE) for advanced analytics will be responsible for working closely with all key stakeholders to develop and align the groups advanced predictive analytics strategic agenda. The small high performing team will leverage the latest research and best practice analytic tool sets to exploit new and existing data sources to advance data solutions for delivering enhanced customer experiences. This will involve close collaboration with the federated Business Intelligence (BI) groups across the bank to promote best practices and the creation of reusable solutions. Specific duties include:
- Chairing cross segment Business Intelligence (BI) forum to define a group strategy for advanced analytics priorities
- Working closely with the Business Customer Insight teams to identify strategic analytics opportunities
- Assume a coordinating role for the banks external partners and vendors in the field of Advanced Analytics
- Identify potential for implementing innovations in predictive analytics together with federated segment BI groups
- Identify commercially valuable insight opportunities from advanced statistical treatment of customer data
- Develop and implement a communication strategy to drive group adoption of advanced analytics techniques
- Active participation in CDO management team meetings to resolve challenges and set strategic priorities for data
- Creating effective work environment by developing a vision, setting clear objectives and performance management
- Segment Business Intelligence Teams
- Business Data Owners, Data Stewards, Domain leads
- External third parties (e.g. Big Insights, NTNU)
- Enterprise Architects
- Technology Delivery Teams
- CDO Management Team
Required Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- 10+ years of experience developing advanced analytics solutions in a consumer driven business
- Prefered - advanced degree in Computer Science, Advanced Statistics, Econometrics, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence
- Experience with advanced statistical methods to realize maximum commercial effect
- Exposure to working with Big Data platforms – Python, R, Spark
- Superior analytical skills, including a deep understanding of how to interpret, translate, present modelling results
- Experience in leveraging cognitive, AI and Machine Learning techniques to drive business value
- Good understanding of applied modelling and advanced quantitative methods to solve business problems
- Excellent personal communication skills capable of dealing with wide range of stakeholders – written and oral
- Demonstrated capability for problem solving, decision making, sound judgment, assertiveness
- Fluent in Norwegian and English
To succeed in this role, your professional behaviurs should ideally match the following skills and capabilities:
- Personal capability (20%): Solves problem. Innovates. Practices self development.
- Interpersonal skills (30%): Communicates powerfully and prolifically. Builds relationships.
- Focus on results (20%): Focuses on results. Establishes stretch goals. Takes responsibility for outcomes.
- Professional skills (30%): Uses technical knowledge to solve problems. Highly organized and efficient. Effective time and project management skills.
- You will work in a dynamic and solution oriented team environment
- You will have the opportunity to shape your own high performing team
- You will have the opportunity to engage key stakeholders across the organization and shape the enterprise data agenda
- We offer the markets best mortgage rate, health insurance and pensions for all out employees
- Flexible working hours, 27 vacation days and summer hours
- More than 50 sports, culture and art groups for DNB employees to explore
- 70 company cabins for all employees to use
For almost 200 years, we in DNB have been here for you. We are Norwegian and we are international. We are tradition and innovation. We are a partner in your single life, family life, daily life, business life and community life. We are here to help with the small details and the big questions. Every day we bring together people and ideas with knowledge and capital. Our purpose is to make your everyday life easier. If you have an open mindset to new innovative ways of working and want to be part of a global and agile team, you might be our next colleague. Welcome with your application today.
In DNB, we carry out background checks to verify that the information provided in your CV and other documentation is actually correct. Background checks are generally performed by an external independent third party. Former employers are typically contacted to check previous positions and periods of employment, while educational institutions are asked to confirm marks.
No background check will be conducted without your prior consent, and you will receive more detailed information about this, if applicable.
For positions that require an authorisation and/or approval of suitability, a police certificate of good conduct will be required.